Oatmeal and Banana Cookie Ingredients:
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas - mashed
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce (or use an individual container size, approximately 1/4 cup)
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats - Quick Cook is fine but not Instant Oats
- 1/4 Cup Milk - we used skim milk
- 1/2 Cup Craisins or Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Nuts - Chopped (we used cashews, but almonds, walnuts or pecans would be awesome!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a sheet tray or cookie sheet - line with parchment, foil or a Silpat. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add in the oats, milk, craisins/raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nuts. Stir the ingredients together.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop out the mixture and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cookies set and the oats begin to take on a hint of golden brown.
- Cool before serving. Refirgerate and store in a tightly covered container. Makes 1 dozen to 15 cookies, depending on size of cookie scoop.