|Collingswood Board Co.'s donated skateboard,|
the Salsa Board!
Winners in each category were awarded Collingswood Farmers' Market cash, ribbons for their placements, and the grand prize winner won a hand-crafted, one-of-a-kind skateboard made and donated by Collingswood Board Co., appropriately named, The Salsa Board! This skateboard, made by Lee Ballauer and Erin O'Donnell, was a most coveted prize. We had several "skate-punks" enter the contest, eager to win this board.
|Grand prize tally board|
There were several family team entries, including team relatives Debbie and Nick, who each submitted their salsas in different categories. Nick's was a fiery red Traditional Red, and Debbie's, Saucy Muffin Salsa, was a Salsa Cruda that incorporated capers and kalamata olives, making it a unique mediterranean sauce. Another mother and son duo, Karianne and Luke Lindner, entered a peach salsa, called, "The Babe Salsa", into the fruit salsa category. Even judge Ryan Harrison's mother, Gina Harrison, got into the mix - entering her salsa on the down-low. Son Ryan had no idea his mother was a participant - making sure there was no nepotism!
|Ryan Harrison, of Preservation Gourmet Foodery,|
with his mother, who unbeknownst to him, entered into the contest!
|Cody's Mango Salsa|
|Lindsay, Coley with son, Caesar, and Cody.|
and Avocado Salsa
Most of the judges took their time,
|Sunshine Urbiniak's Summer Tomatillo Salsa Verde|
|Grand Prize winner and Salsa|
Verde winner, Sunshine!
|Salsa Board winner, Sunshine Urbiniak with her son, and their new|
Collingswood Board Co. skateboard
Here's how the winners stacked up:
- Nicole C's - Jersey Fresh Salsa
- Gina Harrison's Spechie Freshie
- James Smith's - Susies' Sweet Salsa
- Cody W's - Monroeville Mango Salsa
- Lindsay T's - Pinacasalsa - tied for 1st (I loved her presentation, putting the salsa into a pineapple "boat" for serving! Bonus points for that Lindsay!
- Cole M's - Summer Sweet Salsa
- Sunshine Urbiniak's - Salsa Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Lindsay Wettstein's - Verde Salsa
- Nick C's - iConnick (which was an amazing fiery red salsa with a great kick!)
- Barbara W's - Smooth and Sassy
Freelance Vegetable - only one entry!
- Sarah's - Spicy Surprise (which was the use of carrots and cucumbers; would have made a fantastic gazpacho!)
Grand Prize Winner
- Sunshine Urbiniak's - Summer Tomatilla Salsa Verde
For more photos, details and winners, as well as a nifty video created in Facebook of my own photos please visit these links: https://www.facebook.com/denine.gorniak/videos/10154985160579128/
Also go to see photos by Tricia Burrough, of the Collingswood Friends of the Farmers' Market Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/collsfofm/ Tricia has gorgeous shots of the salsas, the contestants, of course, the judges!