- 1 Whole Cantaloupe - seeded and peeled/skinned and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 pound of Fresh Mozzarella Bites (Boconccini balls) or a large mozzarella ball cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil Leaves - torn or cut into chiffonade ribbons
- 1 Medium Cucumber - peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch half moon slices
- Juice of 1 Lemon - about 2 tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Prep all the fruit and vegetables as indicated; remove the seeds and rind from the cantaloupe and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Cut the mozzarella into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Tear the basil leaves or cut into chiffonade (ribbons) to release the basil's flavor.
- Peel the cucumber and de-seed; cut the cucumber into 1/4 inch thick half moon slices.
- Place all the ingredients into a large serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the mixture; drizzle the olive oil over the mixture and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Chill and serve cold. Serves 8 to 10 as a side salad. Will keep for up to 2 days, covered and refrigerated.
- Cantaloupe with Mint, Feta and Cucumber. Use Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
- Cantaloupe with Mint and Basil and Mozzarella. Use Lime Juice and Olive Oil
- Cantaloupe with Mixed Fresh Herbs - Parsley, Basil, Rosemary and Goat Cheese - Use either Lime or Lemon Juice or White Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil.